- 1999: Silver medal at the 31st International Chemistry Olympiad in Bangkok.
- 2000: Gold medal at the 32nd International Chemistry Olympiad in Copenhagen.
- 2000-2001: Mandatory military service in the Austrian Army.
- 2001-2002: Diploma studies in chemistry and computer science at the University of Innsbruck/Austria.
- 2007: Diploma in Mathematics (with distinction) at the University of Innsbruck. Title of the thesis: "Methoden der kommutativen Algebra" under the supervision of Herwig Hauser.
- 2007-2009: PhD-studies under the supervision Ulrich Görtz in the group of Michael Rapoport at the University of Bonn. Topic of the thesis: Affine Grassmannians and flag varieties in mixed characteristics.
- 2009-2010: PhD in Mathematics under the supervision of Ulrich Görtz at the University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Fall semester 2004/05: Tutorial in linear algebra and algebra for students in computer science at the University of Innsbruck.
- 2005-2007: Students representative at the faculty of mathematics, computer science and physics at the University of Innsbruck.
- Fall semester 2009/10: Seminar on finite reflection groups with Ulrich Görtz at Duisburg-Essen
- Fall semester 2010/11: Exercise class on Linear Algebra 1 at Duisburg-Essen.